My Design Teams

Tuesday 29 December 2009

Meet Dave the Alien!

So, I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas.....I certainly did...I was spoilt rotten, which was lovely. A big thank you to all my friends and family.  I got a lot of crafty bits and pieces and a lot of much needed storage....I promise to be neater in 2010...ha, ha...who am I kidding??

Anyway, I've been busy crafting as usual and I'd like to introduce you to my newest little creation.....


Dave the Alien

Dave is made out of scrap felt, I used green for his body and a gorgeous purple for his eyes and arms. He has a little purple sequin on his belly and a hand stitched smile. He is stuffed and I used a simple over-stitch to hold him together.


As you'll see from a picture below I have turned this one into a fridge magnet, but I also intend to make Dave into brooches and little handing ornaments...he'll appear in my MISI shop one day!


I can see you wondering about the name....thats easily answered....Dave is the name you'll get for a cute little alien if you ask your boyfriend what he should be called! We also have Simon the Elephant in the making!!





Dave didn't appear easily...no, it took several attempts to get him right...my first attempt just didn't look right.....plus he had a separate body and head and I didn't like how it looked.....not cute enough really....










My second attempt got much cuter...his smile is much more appealing and I cut his head and body out as one piece....but in my excitment I only gave him one arm!! Ha, ha!! Take three is definitly the best!




Finally here is the view from the back, I've used crafters magnet which is self adhesive. It comes in a long roll and you can easily cut it to the size you require using scissors.



I'm really pleased with how Dave has turned out....I hope you like him too!

Enjoy,
Wedgie xx

No comments: