My Design Teams

Saturday 27 February 2010

A Little Bit of Fashion.....

.....Morning All! Blogging on a Saturday morning!! I haven't done this in ages! I'm off to the Make It! Show in Fanrborough today (so excited), but decided to get a little card on my blog first. Do you think its wrong that I'm more excited about this shopping trip than hitting the clothes shops?!?

Remember that I've been trying to tempt my poor friends over to the "craft side"?? Well it worked!! My friend Becca is coming with me today! I'm not sure whether she'll get bored....I hope not...surely all that lovely stash can't be boring?!? I'll let you know how we get on!

Talking of clothes....here are is my card.....

A little bit of fashion to help celebrate London Fashion week.....and to help me with a card challenge this week. Over at Cute Card Thursday they have set a ribbon-tastic challenge - yes they want to see projects with ribbons on.....as many or as few as you want. The DT have created some lovely cards, to see them take a peek here.

I have started with a pink backing paper and topped it with some cream handmade paper. Onto that I have attached a piece of thick pink ribbon, which is embellished with a cute button. I have cut a little black dress out and added another cute bit of ribbon as a belt. I found the Yves Saint Laurent quote online and thought it was lovely to send to a stylish friend! Its a simple card this card, with minimal ribbon, but I think it suits the sentiment.

Did you see the "normal" size models on the catwalk at London Fashion week? I think its great that they have used these models, but the clothes seemed a little tight on them...is that how they were supposed to look?!?

Anyway, I hope you have a lovely day....maybe I'll bump into some of you at the show today?!?
Thanks for stopping by!
Wedgie Xxx

No comments: