My Design Teams

Tuesday 9 February 2010

A little bit of purple...

....Morning All! I hope you're all well this morning! I've woken up feeling much better than yesterday, so I am going to plough ahead with my positive thoughts and try and keep the grumps away today!

I also decided to go back to my roots today and make a completly purple card! Well, ok its purple and white.....and very girlie...what do you think??

I made this lovely card to enter in the Secret Crafter's Saturday Challenge this week, where they are asking us to use white and one other colour in our projects. The DT cards are all so lovely and varied, take a peek here to see them.

The dressing table and stool came from a pack of pre-cut die shapes that I bought online, I've got 15 of them in different colours so expect to see them quite a look over the next month or so! I didn't realise how large they were so I am lucky to have the huge oblong cards that I originally hated so much! Ha, ha!

I've used a dark purple backing paper, which I've topped with the purple hearts paper as the background. The dressing table and stool are actually one solid colour, so I cut the white pieces out and glued them in place to give me the pretty contrast. The dressing table is then attached to the card with 3D foam pads and the stool is stuck directly onto the card. I finally accesoried with the little flowers punched out of white paper with a glitter dot in the middle.

I'm pleased with this card...its all the things I love in life.....purple.....girlie....and a bit sparkly!

Well, I suppose work is calling.....I think I'll try and smile as much as possible today....surely you can't be grumpy if you're already smiling?? Wish me luck!!


Thanks for stopping by!
Wedgie Xxx

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Great card Wedgie girl, I love purple too! keep smiling, Jo x

Mel X said...

Hiya, fab card hun! Love the table and the intricate detailing! Great colour and lovely touch putting little flowers on the feet! It does look quite big as yer say - I'm renovating me bedroom at present, am sure I've room for this lol!

Thanks for joining us again at Secret Crafter. Your cards are so wonderful and fun - you always make me smile!

Mel X

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Lovely simple card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x

Helen said...

Pretty card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x