My Design Teams

Monday 8 February 2010

A little distressed!

Hello and thanks for stopping by!

I have to admit that I am feeling a little sorry for myself at the moment, I am exhausted from the whole knee situation and to be honest more than a bit fed up of it all. I know I shouldn't moan, its not life threatening and it could be a whole lot worse......but I'm still just not feeling it at the moment...no stiff upper lip for me! Ha, ha! How very un-British of me! As you can tell one thing that's keeping me going is entering all the fab card challenges that get posted every week - I can't recommend doing them enough as they really push you out of your comfort zone and stretch your imagination!

This week over at the allsorts challenge blog they want us to get all distressed with buttons and a bow! They quite rightly point out that us crafters have a tendency of being fairly neat....we like to cut things in striaght lines with a guillotine! By the way have you seen those laser guided scissors that have been advertised on telly recently?! Apparently you get a straight line if you follow the laser line.....the demo I saw didn't do a fab job though and I'm not convinced....I'd love to hear from you if you have some!

Anyway, shopping aside I decided to rise to the challenge and add a little bit of distressing to my latest card. The DT have been very inspirational, giving me the courage to tear my paper for a change, giving it a raw edge, which I actually think looks quite nice. Take a peek at their designs here. I decided I wanted a bright and cheerful card and so stepped away from the pinks once again, I also wanted to use some new embellishments that I've recently bought - the little person and the car! Super cute!

So, I used a square white card as the base and topped it with a piece of green straight edged paper and a piece of patterend paper with the raw edges, to add a little contrast. I've used some funky ribbon and a brilliant big, green button which is hand stitched onto the card. This was a simple card to put together and I hope it will make someone smile!

I'm going to try and not be so grumpy at work...in fact in life generally......I wish the sun would shine a little more....maybe that would cheer me up a bit!

Thanks for stopping by, see you soon!
Wedgie Xxx

2 comments:

brenda said...

Hi Wedgie

Real fun card, love the ribbon across the bottom.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

B x

scotspanda said...

great card, well done on trying the distressing, I always shudder when I have to do it lol

thankyou for joining us this week at Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda xxx