My Design Teams

Monday 1 February 2010

Thanks a Bunch!

Another Monday evening is here already! I can't believe it...where did my weekend go?? The one thing I am pleased with at the moment is that my Monday seems to have sped by just as quickly as my weekend! I originally woke up at about 5am this morning......a whole two and a half hours before I was supposed to!! Could I get back to sleep.....NO!! Typical!

I've spent a lovely evening making a couple of new cards and baking some delicious biscuits. I'm normally a cake maker...I just adore making gorgeous cupcakes. My lovely Sister Lorna and I regularly treat our friends to a homemade afternoon tea. Lorna has all the pretty bone china, and we make cakes and scones. Its fab! A lovely way to spend a Saturday afternoon.....freshly brewed (green) tea seems to taste better out of bone china cups!
Anyway, you don't want to know about my baking secrets...or do you...no I'm hoping you've stopped by to see my latest creation...well this evening I've made  a card for two different challenges. I fancied making a thank you card and I wanted to use a different colour scheme to the norm. I have some wonderful papers in my stash that always get overlooked because I automatically lean towards the pinks and purples. So today I've gone with blues, greens and yellowy-oranges!

This card is based on the sketch that can be found over at the Allsorts Challenge Blog. To see the sketch and the DT creations which are all lovely, take a peek here. The card also fits in with this week's challenge over at Cute Card Thursday, where they wanted to see blooming gorgeous projects! The DT have used all sorts of different flowers on their cards, take a peek here.

As I said I wanted to use different colours this week, and so I've rumaged through my stash and found these gorgeous backing papers that I've layered as per the sketch design. I've used a stamped image that I got from a Crafts Beautiful image swap (thank you ladies), I've coloured the image with my Whispers Strokes pens. I love these pens as they are double ended - thick one end, thin the other. I used this particular image because of the basket of flowers, I have then added another two flowers which I've punched out of co-ordinating papers. I've embellished the flowers with small glitter stickers, and added another one to the girl's hair ribbon (a girl's gotta have a bit of sparkle!).

I hope you like my blooming gorgeous thank you card.....don't worry I'll be back tomorrow with more pink no doubt!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Leann said...

This is so cute!
Thanks for joining us on CCT this week :)
Hugs x

Debs said...

Hi Wedgie
Super bright, fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck with DT call.
Take care
Debs xx

scotspanda said...

its a lovely card, and your afternoon teas sounds scrummy!!

thanks for joining us this week at Allsorts

lotsalove

Amanda xx

Kirsten...x said...

Great card love the image...x

Thanks for joining us this week at allsorts hugs kirsten...x

mrsk06 said...

Hi Wedgie

What a gorgeous card you've made and i love your colour combo too it all fits perfectly!

Take care

Sal xx