My Design Teams

Wednesday 3 March 2010

Come on...own up.....

....who stole the sunshine?? Where has it gone?? The weather forecast is predicting more cold weather too - thats not good!!

I've been looking for more card challenge blogs......and still can't believe how many are out there! I came across the My Time to Craft challenge blog yesterday and thought I'd enter their challenge this week which is called "Just for Mum".....the DT have posted some lovely designs to inspire us, take a peek here. My Time to Craft is a papercraft challenge blog with weekly challenges which are posted on a Tuesday.

The gorgeous Allsorts challenge blog also has a Mother's Day theme this week, again fab designs from the DT - pop along and take a peek here.

So, here is my card to fit in with these two challenges - I've gone with a traditional theme......

.......a bunch of flowers!

This card is so simple to make, and great fun too. I used blue backing paper and created the plant pot complete with the sentiment on my computer. I then selected several different patterned pink papers and used my flower punches to cut out flower shapes. I think this design looks best if you use different sized flowers.

I then had fun placing the flowers on the card, rearranging them until I was happy with my arrangement! I've layered some of the flowers to give contrast. I then used glitter glue and other embellishments for the flower centers.

Finally I got my green pen out and added the stalks and some leaves - simple!

I do like more complicated cards, and have spent ages creating some of my designs....but equally I do like simple designs like this one - easy to make, but looks fab and most importantly....it makes people smile!

Anyway, hope you have a fab day today, and hopefully the sunshine might make a little appearance!
Thanks for stopping by.
Wedgie Xxx

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

This is a really sweet card! I love all those flowers!
Thanks so much for joining in with our challenge at MTTC, hope to see you again soon!
Chrissie

Lisa Jane said...

what a fun card - the flowers are lovely
Lisa ;)

Kirsten...x said...

lovely card such great flowers...x

Thanks for joining in with the fun at allsorts hugs kirsten...x