My Design Teams

Thursday 25 March 2010

PollyCraft Challenge

Morning All!

Remember I said I was looking at new blogs the other day? Well another one that I came across was Tales from Pollycraft which is the blog of Paula, who runs Pollycraft Designs. Both the shop and the blog are fab (they are pink - always a good sign!), and Paula runs challenges. Pollycraft Designs features all kinds of cute characters, with lots of digi images. At the moment Paula is also looking for new members for her fab DT to help with the shop gallery and the challenges she sets - I do really want to become part of a DT so I thought I'd give it a go. To see the challenge take a peek here.

We were given two images from the Pollycraft range and asked to make a card - any style, any theme, any colours......so here we go:


I've chosen the Codi image as I think she really is a funky little character and I decided to design a funky Birthday card to go with her. I've used plain yellow and pink backing papers, topped with a patterened pink Papermania paper. I haven't used any particular layout, I placed the papers in front of me in different layouts until I found one I really liked. I have used some bright yellow ribbon across the card, and attached two pink buttons using yellow thread. My sentiment is a pre-printed one - I chose gold to match the colour combo!

I printed my Codi digi image onto white paper, then coloured her using my brushstrokes. Once finished I cut her out and attached her to my card using 3D sticky pads. The final touch was a little pink glitter glue in the right hand corner...a girl's gotta have a bit of sparkle!

Right, fingers crossed with this card....I love doing card challenges and to be part of a DT helping to inspire others would be brilliant. I know I'm still quite new to all this, but I hope I would bring a different style to the already fab DT at Pollycraft.

I've got another doctor's appointment today - wish me luck! The doctor thought I'd be all better by now...think he'll be surprised when I walk in using my crutch!

Thanks for popping by today.
Wedgie xxx

1 comment:

Donna said...

This is so sweet Wedgie, such a fab choice of colours and a really swet image :) Donna x