My Design Teams

Wednesday 24 March 2010

Sparkle Cupcakes!

Morning All!

Decided to get an early start this morning, and I've already had a look around some of my favourite blogs hunting for new challenges! Over at the Creative Cottage Challenge blog they want to see our projects that sparkle! The DT have designed some lovely cards for inspiration, take a peek here to see them, and as you know I can't resist a bit of sparkle!!


This challenge actually fits in very nicely with some experiementing that I've been doing recently! Above is my new sparkle cupcakes card which has been created very simply by using a stamp - if you are a PaperCrafts Inspirations reader you may recognise the stamp as its a freebie they gave away this month! I've been trying to get into stamping and think with all the practice I am starting to get there!

For this card I stamped and coloured 6 little cupcakes. I also cut out a stand for them to sit on. I used a cupcake backing paper (you can never have too many cupcakes!!) and a sentiment created on the computer. The cupcakes are attached using 3D sticky pads to really make them stand out.

Once everything was essembled I started experiementing!! I've found some gloss in my stash that I didn't realise I had (is that a sign that I've got too much in my stash?!?) ...so I decided to use it to make the icing on my cupcakes really stand out. My lesson here was that you really need to use quite a lot....and it also dries suprisingly quickly!!

Once dried I added some glitter glue for the sparkle! I'm not sure whether you can see it that well on here, but it looks lovely....honest! Now I know you're saying where is all the extra sparkle...but I honestly believe that in this case less is more and I'm happy with the final card...yes I know I'm sounding odd, and I do hope I haven't lost my fascination with all things glittery!!

So, just a quick post today.....I bored you all yesterday with my long rant about my dinner!!

Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie xx

7 comments:

Suzie McFloozy said...

Wow talk about the early bird !!
Great card - who wouldn't love those cupcakes.
Thanks for playing along with us at the Creative Cottage Challenge blog
((hug)) Suzie xx

Becky said...

What a beautiful sparkly card!! I love those cupcakes, they really do look good enough to eat!!
Thanks so much for joining us at the Creative Cottage!
Love Becky xx

Donna said...

Fantastic card Wedgie and definitely very sparkly...the cupcakes are scrummy! Thanks for joining us this week at The Creative Cottage :) Donna x

Berry said...

Fabulous card Wedgie! I have a stamp with cupcakes on a stand just like this so great for birthdays! Love your sparkle element, thanks for joining us at the Creative cottage challenge hugs Rebekah x

Shelly said...

Hi Wedgie! Yum yum for my tum... these cupcakes look scrummy! Great use of sparkle, thanks for the nice comment about the DT cards (blushes)! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage!
Hugs Shelly ;)

Tracy said...

wow these look fab, love all the sparkle.
thanks for joining us this week at The Creative Cottage Challenge blog.
hugs Tracy x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Wedgie, wow what a totally stunning card, loving the image you'uve used, those cupcakes look delicious! Thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage Challenge this week, Hugs Linda x