My Design Teams

Tuesday 6 April 2010

All things bright and beautiful!

Evening all! I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend...mine was lovely and relaxing!

I should be watching that Sophie Dahl cookery programme right now, but thanks to my stupid computer I am still sat here desperately trying to post my lastest make! I can't understand why it chooses to be sooooo slow when I want to get things done!!!

Anyway, due to my lack of posts recently I seriously need to catch up on some challenges! So I decided to combine several of my favourite blog challenges into one fab card! I was so inspired by the garden shed cards featured in this month's Papercraft Inspirations magazine that I decided to give it a go myself...and made this green house card.....


Now this is a 3D card, decorated on the inside and out...it was therefore a bit diffcult to photograph...so please excuse the millions of photos!

This card manages to fit in with the challenges on three different blogs....first we have the Allsorts Challenge which called for projects that didn't use ready made design papers. The DT have created some fab designs, take a peek here to see. The Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge wanted projects with garden related images this week, again fab DT designs - take a peek here! Finally Cupcake Craft Challenges wants projects featuring handmade flowers - click here to see the lovely DT projects.

I think this lovely card manges to cover all those challenges - no ready-made patterned papers were used in the making of this card - in fact I used a white card blank, some acetate and some coloured papers! All my flowers are hand made - punched from the cooloured paper! Finally I think this is a lovely garden scene.....I just hope the SCST ladies agree!


For the front of the card I drew out the windows and door using pencil and then cut them out using my fab new pink craft knife (yes I'm easily pleased!!). The door actually opens and has a little door knob! I backed the front of the card with acetate to make it look like there is glass in my windows! I had to remember to cut out the door! Once that was done I could get on with creating my flowers!


I cut out the shapes of vases and pots from coloured paper to use as bases and then I punched out pretty flowers using my mini punches. I used coloured sticky dots for the centres and I cut out little green leaves too. Everything was stuck in place using very, very small sticky dots!

I really enjoyed making this card, although it did take a bit of time...still thats even more staisfying when I had finally finished! I hope you like this card as much as I do!

I also wanted to share some makes from my talented friends! I'm really into making mini felt characters at the moment, and some of my friends seem to have caught the bug too! Here are some little characters that we've made recently....the cow is mine...my lovely sister Lorna made the super cute door mouse and the ever ambitious Becca made the fab Yoda!! I'm so impressed with them - well done girls! Becca has gone out and bought her own felt supplies now and is currently making the whole Star Wars cast...I couldn't be prouder!!
Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Donna said...

Your 3D card is absolutely stunning Rachel, so much attention to detail and such pretty flowers! Thanks for joining in the fun at Cupcake this week :) Donna x

Mel X said...

Wowzers Rachel this is AMAZING! You really are so creative. Love everything about this and so individual too, so much attention to detail. Brilliant - love it.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck in the draw.

Mel X

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, brilliant idea.
luv
Debby