My Design Teams

Tuesday 27 April 2010

Another day!

Morning all....no moaning this morning I promise! After I logged off last nighe I decided to go and make a new card to soothe my nerves...that and a good night's sleep seem to have done the trick! Here is the result.... 

This cute little card was created to fit in with two challenges this week.....

First off we have the distressed challenge over at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge, it can be any kind of distressing technique...I went for my favourite paper tearing! The DT have created some wonderful designs to inspire everyone, take a peek.here.

The second challenge comes from Cupcake Craft Challenge where they are looking for projects that are not square....fab challenge!! Take a look at the fab designs the DT have come up with. I was going to be clever and use a flower shaped card, but I couldn't decide how to decorate it last night and went for something simplier - a series of rectangles.....I just hope I get away with the little checks on the patterned paper!!!

This card was made with a collection of plain and patterned papers, along with a stamped image that I coloured using my water colour pencils. I also added a stamped sentiment, a piece of funky green ribbon and some sticky gems for a little sparkle.

Today I have a full day of training at work...its an impact and influencing course...sounds very interesting! I hope you have a good day, whatever you're up to!

Thanks for stopping by today.
Wedgie Xxx

2 comments:

Tracy said...

cute card Wedgie, love the cute image. Pleased you are feeling better today nothing like a bit of crafting to lift you up :)
hugs Tracy x

Donna said...

Hi Rachel, your little hedgie card is so sweet and I love the way you have distressed the papers...they look fab hun! Thanks for joining in this weeks challenge at Cupcake :) Donna x