My Design Teams

Monday 19 April 2010

More card challenges!

Evening All! I had such a lovely Birthday last week.....in fact I don't think I've ever had such a relaxing time! It was a struggle to haul myself out of bed to go to work this morning!!

A HUGE thank you to all my lovely friends and family who spolit me rotten!!

So, this evening I have two different cards for you, for two different challenges....each one has a different crafty technique on it....the first one is for this week's challenge over at the Allsorts Challenge Blog where they are looking for projects which feature stitches. The DT cards are all so lovely, take a peek here to see them.


My card features three button flowers, each head is two buttons sewn together onto the white backing card. I then stitched the stems using green thread before adding the green paper leaves. My scanner isn't the best and hasn't really done this card any justice as its focused on the buttons rather than the whole card.


My second card features paper cutting which is a new delight that I've recently discovered....and love!! It takes pratice and patience, but the results are well worth it! This card is for the Cupcake Craft challenge this week whether they have asked for red and white cards. I've tried to keep the card simple to show off the rose design.

The Cupcake DT have created some lovely designs for the challenge, take a peek here to see them.

Right, just a quick post this evening....Lorna is waiting is whisk me off to a local supper club and I'm running late - whoops!

Thanks for popping by,
Wedgie Xxxx

8 comments:

Tracy said...

these are both gorgeosu, love the designs and that flower looks fabulous. really pleased you had a great birthday.
hugs Tracy x

Tracy said...

gorgeous even lol x

Fleur said...

Great cards both very striking
Thanks for taking part in my first ALLSORTS challenge.
Hugz Fleur xXx

Donna said...

Hi Rachel, fantastic card, your paper cutting is stunning and so neatly done too! The dotty ribbon is fab along with the little piece of braiding, the perfect finish...I've sorted out your double entry with Mr Linky hun so no need to worry! Thanks Rachel for playing along with us this week :) Donna x

brenda said...

Two great cards, love what you have done with the buttons on the first.

Thank you for sharing with us at Allsorts and good luck with the draw.

B x

The Crafty Den said...

Gorgeous card Wedgie! Love the way you've cut out the rose and the ribbon is so pretty. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challege this week. Hugs, Denise x

Rachel said...

Thanks for all your lovely comments ladies - I am really pleased with these two!

Brenda - the buttons on the first card are all sewn onto the card. I attached the big one first sewing through the holes, then I attached the little one on top by sewing through the holes of the big button and the little button...not sure that makes any sense!!

Thanks for sorting out my blonde moment Donna - have no idea what I was doing!!

Wedgie xxx

Catherine said...

Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Craft with a very impressive card ! I admire your patience ! It looks really great ! Smiles from Catherine