My Design Teams

Thursday 1 April 2010

Some fashionable baking!

Hello everyone - hope you're all well and had a good week.

I haven't posted in the last week because Dad's been back in hospital and its been a bit difficult to make any new cards or enter any challenges or get to my computer! However, the Easter weekend is here and Dad is back at home, so I have plenty of time to catch up!

No cards today I'm afraid, but I wanted to share a little cookery disaster I've had. I've found a very simple to follow recipe for macaroons which I decided to try out....we had some lovely ones at Browns on Mother's Day and my sister loves them. So I decided to give them a try.

I got the ingredients I needed and opted to make chocolate ones. Mum even took me out to buy a new piping bag....however I didn't look at the ends I got with the piping bag....and this is how my macaroons tunred out....


Yep, thats right...they look like a plate of mini turds!!!! Ha, ha, ha!!

I have to say they make look awful, but they were very tasty...even better if you can wait till day two to eat them as they got nice and chewy then! I can't believe how easy they are to make, especially when they cost so much to buy in the shops!

Apparently these are very popular at the moment....more fashionable than cupcakes! I've now bought some food colouring and flavouring...so I'm going to try again and see if I can make some that don't look like turds!

Wish me luck!

Thanks for stopping by...there will be cards next time I promise!
Wedgie Xxx

1 comment:

Donna said...

Scrummy Easter treats Wedgie, although I'd hazard a guess they are all gone now lol! So sorry to hear about your Dad...I hope he is making a good recovery at home now:) Donna x