My Design Teams

Wednesday 19 May 2010

One for the boys!

Evening All - we're half way through the week - woo hoo!

Well I'm in a much better crafty mood today...after my usual Wednesday night at Brownies and Guides I decided to sit at my craft desk and try a new card technique out. I needed a card for a boy for this week's challenge over at the Creative Cottage and I hope they don't mind that mine is one for a rather little boy!! Take a peek at the lovely Creative Cottage blog to see the gorgeous DT cards for some inspiration!


This is a shaker card that I've made for a baby boy. I saw an article in a craft magazine recently about shaker cards and decided to give it a go. I was actually surprised at how easy it is to make these fab cards!

All you really need is some white and coloured papers, some acetate, some seed beads and sequins or other small items to put in the shaker bit and lots of 3D sticky pads! Easy peasy!

You can make these gorgeous cards in all sorts of shapes......

Anyway, panic over - it looks like I might not have lost my crafty mojo after all! Thanks to everyone for their comments after my last grumpy post! Your comments are always so lovely and supportive.

Thanks for popping by my blog today,
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

Donna said...

Your shaker cards are so cool Rachel and I love the baby boy card with the gingham...it's brilliant :) Donna x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

These shaker cards are fabulous Rachel. Thank you for joining in with the Creative Cottage challenge this week Linda x

Shelly said...

Hi Rachel! Great idea doing a baby boy card... love the shaker bottle! Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage! Shelly ;)

Becky said...

Wow! I love your shaker cards Wedgie, they are so effective and make such great cards!!
Thanks so much for joining us at The Creative Cottage and thanks for the congrats on my prize, can't wait to get my digis!!
xx

Teri said...

These are lovely hun, and well done on the shaker bit. I have no patience for making these, lol.
Thank you for sharing at the Creative Cottage this week, hope to see you next time too.
Hugs,
Teri x

Tracy said...

these are both great, i have never tried shaker cards but will have to give it ago the little ones would love them. Thanks for joining in with this weeks Creative Cottage Challenge. Tracy x