My Design Teams

Friday 14 May 2010

Pretty Borders!

Evening All! Hope you've had a fab Friday!

I spent my Friday at the Mandarin Oriental in London again - work this time though! I had a pretty rubbish start to my day...by 8:30am I had already ruined two pairs of tights and turned up in the foyer of the hotel with toothpaste all over my cheek.....why oh why did I not look at myself in the mirror before?!? The day got much better however and my event went well. Woo hoo!

This evening I came home to a rare Friday at home (I'm usually at Joe's by now) and decided some crafting was in order...that and a large glass of wine! I decided to check out the challenge over on Bah! Humbug! this week.....they want to see punched borders....I recently got my new border punch and so think this is a fab challenge! I set to work and came up with this cheeky little chappie.....

The DT cards are all gorgeous, take a peek here!

I love making this little snowman, he's so simple to make and looks so cute! He's featured in my Christmas collection over the last two years! He is simply cut from white card, I make him a hat and scarf and a carrot nose out of scrap paper and give him googly eyes because that always makes me smile!

I used my new martha stewart punch for the borders - I love this pattern as it suits so many cards...a very good find! I have to say I also love making Christmas cards so I am pleased I found the Bah! Humbug challenge blog to get me started early this year!

Right, I'm off to make some beaded bookmarks now and maybe another easel card or two!

Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie Xxx

PS - have you stopped sniggering about me and my toothpaste cheek yet?!?

5 comments:

Tracy said...

sorry had to smile about the toothpaste only because thats something i would do :) pleased your day got better!
this is such a sweet card i love that cute little snowman, have a great weekend hugs Tracy x

Max said...

I'm afraid I'm still sniggering LOL!
Love your fun card and agree the googly eyes are guaranteed to bring a smile. What a beautiful card - love the crisp white against the blue. Thank you for joining in with us at Bah! Humbug! this week.

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Bah! Humbug! DT

PS: Are you sure Salem wasn't trying to hit 'delete' LOL?

the crafty duck said...

Ah Wedgie he is fab!! What a cutie and your borders are brilliant!! Lots of love Steph

Irene said...

Hello Wedgie

What a gorgeous card, your little snowman is fantastic, love the eyes. Your borders and sentiment finish everything off perfectly.

luv
irene
xxxx

Annie said...

Sooooooooo cute and the punched borders look wow.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! ~DT