My Design Teams

Friday 18 June 2010

Christmas Fun!

Afternoon all - don't you just love half days at work!

Today's challenge over at Bah! Humbug! is brilliant, it's called A Child's Christmas and they want projects for the little ones. It doesn't have to be a card, it could be a game or an advent calendar...but I decided to go with the card option. I started thinking about Christmas and children and what makes that time of year lots of fun, and one think sprung to mind straight away....snow and building snowmen! When I was little didn't really snow that often so when it did it was so exciting...I remember we made snowballs one year that we made mum put in the freezer so they would last! Ha, ha!

However annoying snow can be to the delicate transport system in England, it's still great fun, especially for children! I missed out on the snowmen and snowballs this year thanks to my dodgy knee - in fact I got stranded at one end of a train station platform because there was so much ice and snow....Joe had to come and rescue me! So, I decided to dedicate my card to the art of building snowmen....


This was such a difficult card to photograph because of the ultra shiny mirror card! After several attempts I finally managed this shot! I've used a bright blue backing, topped with the shiny card and a light blue paper. I made my sentiment on the computer and added my snowman which is actually part of a decoupage kit. Finally I added a little more sparkle along the bottom of the card - you can beat a bit of sparkle!

The ladies at Bah! Humbug! Have created some gorgeous cards this week, take a peek here to see them!
Right, I'm off now...heading to Joe's to get ready for tomorrow's drifting competition. I hope you all have a lovely weekend and I'll see you all next week!

Thanks for stopping by,
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Max said...

Had a giggle at the vision of your mum freezing snowballs for you LOL!
Thanks for sharing your fun card with us all at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

Annie said...

oh my goodness you must have a very special mum - how wonderful of her to make your snowballs last longer.
Your card is great and I just love that image.
Ann xxx
Bah!Humbug! DT

Donna said...

Hi Rachel, your little Christmas card is so sweet and the snowman image is fab...I love the shades of blue on this card! Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog, it is very much appreciated hun :) Donna x