My Design Teams

Monday 23 August 2010

A tiny challenge!

Hello everyone, hope you've all had a lovely weekend!

I had a fun weekend....I decided to get my sewing machine out yesterday and try and make a dress that I bought the pattern for weeks ago. It was a "very easy" pattern, with only one hour of sewing...ha, ha.....one hour of sewing if you know what you're doing! It took me a lot longer and its still not finished, but it fits and I am very proud! You can't really see from this photo, but the dress actually has pockets!

I need to redo the neck, which I messed up and I need to make a belt for it. I probably won't wear it anywhere, but it was a good practice project!

I am also very excited because I've won some blog candy! Do you remember me telling you last week that it was Cupcake Craft Challenge's 2nd Birthday? As well as the challenge there was a blog hop and each blog also had a candy prize...well I won some gorgeous stamps from Catherine's Corner! Thank you cupcake ladies for the blog hop and all the lovely prizes!

Right, on with my challenge for today....this time its a tiny challenge set by the Allsorts blog....they want projects that are no more than 3in in size! The DT have all created gorgeous minature master pieces!

Here is mine.....I decided to opt for a tag. I've used two different shades of pink card, along with some gorgeous backing paper. I have cut the birds out again and mounted them using 3D sticky pads to give them a lift. I've then added some tiny glitter dots for some added glamour. I punched a hole in the top of the card and threaded some pink ribbon to complete the tag. Teeny, but cute!

I'm going to get on with this week's Cupcake Craft Challenge next....they've asked for blue and green projects.....pop back tomorrow to see what I come up with!

Thank you for stopping by today.

Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

Berry said...

Wedgie you are so talented! The dress looks great and that tag is so beautiful! Hugs Rebekah xx

scotspanda said...

aww what a fab tag, and your dress looks great

thanks so much for taking up my challenge at Allsorts

Amanda xx

brenda said...

Hi there

A really pretty minature creation, thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts Challenge this week and good luck.

B x