My Design Teams

Monday 27 September 2010

A cute colour combo!

Evening All,

Hope you've all had a good Monday. Mine was the usual....work all day, then home for a bit of baking and card making! I seem to have got into a bit of a pattern of baking on a Monday evening! I've been asked to make a card for a friend and as the Birthday girl is a bit of a shoe-aholic I decided to use on of my favourite designs...


The colour scheme was inspired by a challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge this week.....the lovely ladies have asked for projects with a pink and brown theme. Take a peek at the gorgeous DT cards on the blog!

As I said this design will probably be familiar to some of my regular blog friends...I love this sentiment and I often use the same template for the shoes. I've never done it with a pink and brown colour scheme before.....I also haven't used buttons on the shoes before (or at least I don't think I have!).

Do you remember those teapot biscuits from yesterday? They are nearly all gone already thanks to friends and family! However, I managed to do a little decorating before they all went.... I've traced the outline of the biscuits with some fab glitter icing. 
I've also made some fab pina colada cupcakes this evening! You'll see from the photo that I won't be winning any prizes for these ones...they're not exactly the prettiest cakes I've ever made! They are made using coconut milk and pineapple....just what you need to brighten up these grey September days.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'm going to curl up in bed now with a book I think! Yes, I know its early, but I'm freezing cold!!

Wedgie xxx

4 comments:

Donna said...

Hi Rachel, your card is absolutely amazing...I so love these shoes and the little buttons you have placed on them are the perfect finish! Such scrummy little biscuits and cakes you have baked...Pina Colada...Yum Yum...I bet they taste delish :) Donna x

Oops...I nearly forgot to say...thanks for joining in the fun this week at Cupcake and for continuing to support our challenges each week!

Faye said...

Oh you bad girl, you've made me hungry. Hungry for naughty treats and gorgeous shoes. This card totally rocks. Love how you've used our colour combo. The backing paper is lovely too. Hope brownies was fun. Brownies are on tuesday, right? It is tuesday today, isn't it?! ;)
Thanks for playing at Cupcake again. xxx

Catherine said...

Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week Rachel ! Your card is so so cool ! Love those shoes... and the cakes !!! Good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Shelly said...

Hi Wedgie! Oh your card is great, I love the shoes and quote! And your biscuits & cakes look really yummy too, thanks for doing the Cupcake Challenge! Hugs Shelly ;)