My Design Teams

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Happily Ever After.....

Evening All,

Two posts today! I got back to Joe's and just got the urge to craft. I knew I'd left my craft box here and thought I'd have a play. Imagine my dismay when I looked in the box and realised there wasn't much in it! I had a huge assortment of white card blanks, sticky dots, 3D sticky pads, some gems, three pens, a scrap of silver card and some old wrapping paper! I'd taken all my paper stash home with me!

Still, I decided to have a play anyway and came up with the following....


It's very wonky and the sentiment isn't in the middle, but I'm still pretty pleased with the outcome considering my limited resources! Hee, hee!

I used the wrapping paper and silver card in layers and topped them off with a handmade bride and groom, luckily I had black and pink gems to add a little dazzle. With no sentiments and no printer to hand I decided to write my sentiment on....I just didn't manage to centre it properly!

This card is for two challenges....firstly Allsorts have given us the theme of new beginnings...and Cupcake gave the theme of books and stories. I've always loved the romantism of fairy tales....the prince and princess living happily ever after. I thought weddings and fairy tales went very well together.

Right, I'm off to cook dinner for me and Joe.
Thanks for stopping by today.

Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Faye said...

Oh I love your books and stories idea and this gorgeous card fits perfectly. Thanks for playing at Cupcake again this week. xx

Debs said...

Super card!
Thanks for playing along with my challenge at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Catherine said...

Your card is very sweet Rachel ! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Craft this week and good luck ! Smiles from Catherine

Shelly said...

Hi Wedgie! Great thinking for your card, love the fairytale idea (although I'm not so sure sometimes it's quite all it's cracked up to be... wedding is ok, it's what comes after lol)! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake Craft Challenge, Shelly ;)

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rachel, what a cute card. I love the colour scheme and your sentiment looks ok to me. Thanks for joining us at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x