My Design Teams

Sunday 26 September 2010

I've had a wonderful Sunday!

As my post title suggests I've had a lovely Sunday! I had a mini lie-in first thing, then I did some boring house work.....followed by a mooch around the shops where I bought a new snuggly jumper! After a spot of lunch I made some cards and did some baking! My mouth is currently watering as my latest creation is baking away in the oven....I've made some fab little teapot biscuits using a recipe from Essentials magazine - they smell wonderful!




Let's start with a card......this card was a complete nightmare to take a photograph of, when will I learn not to use silver on my cards?!? This card ties in with several challenges:

Bah!Humbug! - Stars
Allsorts - Plain & Simple
Caardvarks - Clean & Simple

Pop over to all the blogs above to see all the wonderful DT cards.

I've used silver paper to start with and then topped that with a layer of deep purple paper. The bauble is made out of more silver paper, a little thread and two purple stars. I attached the bauble to the card using sticky 3D pads to make it stand out a little.




The second card I made today is another Christmas card....well I haven't made any in a while! This card is for the challenge over at Winter Wonderland....can you guess the challenge....


The challenge theme is "deck the halls with boughs of holly"! You can interpret this theme however you fancy...take a peek at the gorgeous DT cards on the blog. I've used a combination of red and green paper to make this card. I added a little sparkle to the holly berries using my red glitter glue and highlighted my sentiment with a little green glitter glue.
 
 
 
Well, my laptop decided to have a little "moment" while I've been typing and that gave me enough time to rescue my biscuits from the oven....to be honest I left them a little too long and the edges are a little burnt, but not enough to ruin the delicious chocolate flavour...yes, I've already tasted one!
 
I used a cutter that I found while out shopping earlier...isn't it cute? All I need now is a little teacup! I think I might also ice these biscuits too, adding a little details in a white icing.
 
Right, I'm off...."Come Dine With Me" has just started and I love that programme! Thank you to everyone who has left me a lovely comment about my new profile photo. I have to confess that I dyed my hair a little while ago now, so I thought it was time to update my profile!
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

3 comments:

downrightcrafty said...

oh love the little biscuits what a great shape and look yummy

Of course I can guess the theme, such perfect red sparkly berries and lush green leaves of the holly just great

thanks for playing along with us at Winter Wonderland, hopefully we can tempt you to join us again next week and maybe you might have baked again

Hugs Kate x

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Two perfect cards for this weeks challenge and those biscuits looks scrummy, wish i had smell-o-vision on my pc!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts this week

Emma xxx

Helen said...

Fab cards!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

PS - those biscuits look so good!