My Design Teams

Friday 12 November 2010

Confidence card

Morning All,

I had a fab night with my friend Becca last night, we went for dinner and to the cinema to see Due Date...what a funny film! I'm still chuckling to myself this morning! I got home after my night out to find some brilliant post...do you remember I won a prize for a Cupcake Craft Challenge?? I got to choose $20 of goodies from Simon Says Stamp! Well, my goodies arrived yesterday!


I opted for two fab stamps and some gorgeous sticky gems! I just want to say thanks to everyone, I really enjoyed my shopping spree...and as you'll see I've already put my prize to good use!

The challenge over at Cute Card Thursday this week is an "anything goes" challenge....I love these challenges! Take a peek at all the gorgeous DT cards for some inspiration. So, I decided to use one of my new stamps...

When I saw the confidence stamp I just new I wanted it...."Confidence for when in doubt"....it's such a fab sentiment. I think it will look great on the front of cards, but for this project I wanted to create something a little bit special.

I've used red and black papers from my stash for my background and to create a little pocket on the front of my card. I've added a little "for you" tag and a punched flower to the pocket front...and yes I've gone a little crazy with my glitter glue!

I then stamped the image onto a separate piece of white card, backed it with some red card and added some glitter glue and red sticky gems. The confidence card sits in the little pocket on the front of the main card....I hope this makes sense!!



You've then got a lovely card and an extra little present to give to a friend or family member. They can keep it safe for moments of doubt...and lets face it we all have those moments sometimes! I think I'll make more of these and make the confidence card into a magnet or a bookmark.

I'm looking forward to using my other new stamp...I think that will call for more sticky gems or maybe some glitter glue...a girl can never have too much sparkle!!

Thanks for stopping by today,
Wedgie xxx

1 comment:

Faye said...

Hiya Hun. What gorgeous stash you've chosen and you first make with that fabby stamp is blingtastic. The confidence card is a brilliant idea. Have a wonderful weekend. xxx