My Design Teams

Thursday 2 December 2010

All pink and purple!

Hello there, thanks for stopping by today. I hope you're keeping well!

I have two cards for you this evening, for three different challenges. The cards also have something else in common as they both feature embellishments from The Creative Cottage shop.


My first card is for this month's challenge over at Sir Stampalot where the theme is "Travel the world", I've gone for an oriental theme using this lovely lady and fab cherry blossom backing paper from the Creative Cottage. I think the pinks and black work very well together. The layout for this card comes from a blog that I've only just discovered called Sunday Sketch and Stamp. They run fortnightly sketch challenges and the only other required element is a stamped image either tradtional or digital - I've opted for digital on this occassion. The sketch is lovely to work with and I think looks fab with the oriental theme.


My second card features my favourite colour purple and is for this fortnight's challenge over at the Creative Cottage where they have called for untradtional Christmas cards. I came across this lovely digi image when browsing their shop earlier - isn't it fab!

Although gold is a common colour at Christmas time it is usually used with reds and greens...I think it looks fab with purple too! I've used purple backing papers, along with a gold tag that I had in my stash. I attached the tree using 3D sticky pads and then finshed the card off with some lovely glitter glue.

Pop over to all three blogs to see some gorgeous DT cards...don't forget the Creative Cottage Shop too!

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll leave a comment to let me know you've visited me today!

Wedgie xxx

10 comments:

pinky said...

Two lovely cards Wedgie, love your oriental card!! Perfect for our challenge. Thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month.
Pinky

Anne said...

Two great cards, love the purple tree, it looks fab
Thanks for playing along with Creative Cottage
Anne x

Tracy said...

These are both fabulous love the layouts and colours, beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at The Creative Cottage, Tracy x

Claire said...

lovely oriental card and a nice take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along with SS&S. this time. Hugs, Claire x

brenda said...

Hi there

Two great cards, thanks for joining in at Stampalot Challenge this month and good luck.

B x

Linapyssel said...

Beautiful work and the oriental girl in pink setting makes me think of a chinease garnden in bloom!
Good luck over at Sir Stampalot this month and thank you for sharing!
Lina xxx

chris said...

they look lovely,Thanks for joining us in the Sir Stampalot Challenge,good luck.
hugs Chris xx

Vintage Milly said...

Lovely entry for our challenge, thanks for joining in with us this time at Sunday Sketch & Stamp,
Em.x

Sally H said...

Fab cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Sir stampalot and good luck!

Francesca said...

A beautiful card with wonderful details, thanks for joining us at Sir Stampalot this month and good luck!
Hugs
Francesca