My Design Teams

Friday 31 December 2010

An awesome way to end the year!

Just when you thought I'd posted for the last time in 2010 here I am again! I got some wonderful news this morning from the lovely Sharon who I've "met" this year through the SSW blog. Sharon has passed on this fab award to me and I'm dead chuffed:


I can't tell you how much awards like this mean to me, however silly it may seem. I love crafting and enjoy what I do, but to have a peer (an uber talented one!) pass on an award is the cherry on top of the cake! Sharon's cards are just gorgeous and I love stopping by her blog each week to see what she's been up to. Thank you Sharon for sharing this with me....a great way to finish my crafting year!

Now the rules in accepting this blog award are to tell 8 things about me that you probably don't know and then pass along the award to 8 other bloggers that I think are fantastic! That'll be tough because there are so many out there!
  1. My nickname "Wedgie" came from my brother-in-law Jim...he's been calling me it for years!
  2. My real name is Rachel, but I answer to either name!
  3. I've been making cards now for 6 or 7 years now, but I never thought I was creative when I was younger!
  4. Although pink and purple are my favourite colours now I was a real tom boy when I was younger!
  5. I'm a finger nail nibbler...I can't help it!!
  6. My sister is called Lorna and I'm so pleased that she is dabbling in the crafting world...although papercrafting isn't her thing!
  7. I love coffee...you can't beat a good cup of coffee.I also drink a lot of green tea!
  8. I love hosting tea parties with Lorna, we invite our friends Becca, Sheree & Anika over and feed them cake!

Now for the difficult bit....here are the 8 fab bloggers I'm passing this lovely award onto:


 
The rules for receiving this award are:
  • Thank and link back to the person who sent this to you.
  • Share 8 things about yourself
  • Pass this award on to 8 bloggers
  • Contact those bloggers and tell them you sent them this award.

Thank you again Sharon for this fab award, you really made me smile!
 
Wedgie xxx

6 comments:

brenda said...

Hi there Wedgie - or should I say Rachel now that all is revealed ?

Thank you so very much for passing this on to me, it is so kind of you and what a wonderful way to end the year.

Enjoyed reading your list and am 100% with you on the coffee,I'm an espresso freak, takes me at least four to get going in the monrings.

Happy New year to you and look forward to my visits here in 2011.

B x

brenda said...

Hi again

Just to let you know I have added my award to Sunday's post as tomorrows is a bit crammed already.

Didn't want you think I had forgotten.

B x

Donna said...

Hi Wedgie, thank you so much hun for thinking of me with this award...you are sosweet and kind..I'll get my thinking cap on and see what I can list as my 8 things. Wishing you all the best for 2011...I hope it will be fabulously crafty for you :) Donna x

Faye said...

Happy New Year Rachel! Thank you so much for thinking of me, I am so touched. Eight interesting things, hmm, I need some choklit...! ;) xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Hiya hun! Thanks for the award - such a great way to start off the New Year!! I will have to post this on my blog this week!

Congrats on the Saturday Challenge Secret Crafter win!

Deanne :)

Tracy said...

Hi Wedgie, Happy New Year, thank you so much for the award its made my day, i will have to get thinking of 8 things now lol. hope you had a lovely Christmas and New Year, hugs Tracy x