My Design Teams

Sunday 7 August 2011

Colour Challenges!

Happy Sunday Everyone!

I hope you're all well and having a lovely weekend. I've had a fab day today, Joe's been at work and so I decided to spend some time in the kitchen. Several hours later I have lemon cupcakes, dotty butter biscuits, homemade crisps (made in the microwave) and pimms ice lollies! What a fab afternoon!

As well as baking, I've also spent some time at my craft desk.....something that always helps me relax! Today I've created two cards for two different colour challenges. I love colour challenges because they push me out of my comfort zone....you know me I love pink and purple....I can't get enough...but colour challenges make me look at other colours that I often neglect.

First off we have the "Black and White" challenge over at Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge:

I've kept this card very simple, using some new cute stamps that I got free with a craft magazine, a little dotty paper and a little black paper.

And secondly I have a card for the "Red card" challenge over at Allsorts this week:


The cupcake tier is another free stamp from the craft magazine, this time I've added one of my favourite sentiment stamps, along with red paper, the cute dotty paper and some red stickles for a little sparkle. Pop over to both blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards.

Right, I told you at the beginning of the post about my kitchen exploits today...well here are my goodies!




I can't believe how easy the crisps were to make...they took a little while to do and they're still crisping up at the moment...but the couple that I've sampled are delicious!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

7 comments:

Tracey T said...

Ooh yummy! I don't know what to comment on first! The cards are gorgeous - love the cupcake stamp - and the food looks delicious! You've had a busy day, love! xx

Vicky said...

Mmmmmm..... just so yummy hunni...and loving your gorgeous creations too..!

have a lovely evening..hugs Vicky xx

downrightcrafty said...

fabulous creation and great use of the black and white, thank you for joining us at the Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge
Hugs Kate xx
PS I have new candy if you are interested

Diane's Card Designs said...

You have been busy today. Your baking looks yummy and the cards are beautiful.
Diane :-) xx

Mummylade said...

What great creations! Thank you so much for entering in the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck!

Fleur said...

A couple of lovely cards, especially love the 2nd. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
Hugz Fleur xXx

Francesca said...

A wonderful creation

Thanks for joining us at SECRET CRAFTER SATURDAY CHALLENGE and good luck !

Hugs
Francesca