My Design Teams

Tuesday 4 October 2011

Black and White Christmas

Evening Folks!

I've had another fab evening....tonight I've made a card for this week's challenge over at Cupcake Craft Challenge and I've made the cutest mini cupcakes with a new caramel frosting recipe...its divine!

First off the card....the Cupcake challenge this week is "Black and White Christmas"...not the usual colours that you've associate with Christmas, however this combo makes for a very stylish Christmas card! I've used a new sentiment stamp that I bought in the sales after last Christmas and made a cute snowman to accompany the sentiment....

Isn't the sentiment cute?? I've used patterned backing paper for Mrs Snowman's hat and I've embellished my card with my trusty stickles...adding a little sparkle to the card.
Pop by the Cupcake blog to see all the gorgeous DT cards.

 
Now for the cakes.....I opted for mini cupcakes tonight because they are so easy to make, you only need half a batch of cupcake batter to make rather a lot of mini cupcakes! Plus I don't feel as guilty when I eat them! The cupcakes are vanilla with a caramel frosting and decorated with mini chocolate chips! I'm so glad I found this new caramel frosting, its smooth and very tasty! Thank you Rafina for sharing your backing magazine with me today!

Thanks for stopping by today...I'm off to eat cupcakes!
Wedgie xxx

9 comments:

Faye said...

Fab, fab, fab! Love the dots. Love the snowmen. Love the cakes! :) Big hugs. Oh and thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. xxx

Faye said...

Fab, fab, fab! Love the dots. Love the snowmen. Love the cakes! :) Big hugs. Oh and thanks for playing at Cupcake this week. xxx

mixamatoasties said...

Jealous of them there cakes!

Just finished watching GBBO. Neeeeeed cake.

Susan xxx

Unknown said...

A very stylish card indeed. Thank you for joining the Cupcake Craft Challenge this week.
Have a lovely week,
Hugs,
Sandra
xxx

Tracey T said...

Lovin' those snowmen and yes, that sentiment is just fab. Caramel frosting sounds LUSH! Hugs, Tracey x

Brodders said...

Great take on the challenge. Fab card x Thanks for joining in with us this week at cupakes x

Rachel Izakowicz said...

Just love it, Wedgie! How sweet. Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! x

Anonymous said...

What a cute Christmas card - really cute. And yum - cakes look lovely! You're a busy girl!!
Hugs
Rachel and Angela
xx

An Occasional Genius said...

Oh I love your snow people, they're so sweet! Just like your cupcakes yum. I need to make some chocolate cakes today as I stewed lots of apples last night. Trouble is, they don't last very long!!! Sure I'm not the only person in the world who makes magic vanishing cakes?! Hugs x