My Design Teams

Saturday 28 April 2012

Something a bit circular

Hello Folks - Happy Saturday!

Hope you're well and have had a lovely week. The weathers been a bit weird again in Aldershot.....lots of wind, rain and some sunshine all rolled into one!

Well....another Saturday brings us another challenge over at Sweet Stampin. We've still got Joanna Sheen as our monthly sponsor this month and this week we are joined by Dis Digis as our weekly sponsor!



This week's challenge is anything but square.....we want to see your shaped projects this week....any shape you like as long as its not square! I decided to be a bit brave and do a circular card...I'm not a huge fan of making circular cards as they always end up wonky, but I decided to give it a go. I was also lucky enough to pick an image from Di's Digis....and I picked a real cutie.....


Told you my circles are wonky!! Still, I think it adds to the charm to this cute card! I've coloured my fab image with my Promarkers and used some pink and blue backing papers and a little paper lace border. I've highlighted the fur collar on the coat using some stickles.The sentiment was created on my computer and backed with some pink card.  I have to say I'm really pleased with how this card turned out....I do love girlie cards!

Pop by the Sweet Stampin blog to see all the other DT cards.....they're all really cute!

Thanks for popping by today and I hope you have a fab Saturday!
Wedgie xxx

12 comments:

Colette said...

Fab card Wedgie! Cute image and the colours are really clean and fresh. I love the wonky look and faux stitching, it makes it a bit more quirky. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. Colette xx

Tanya said...

This is so cute :) I love the colours and that image is too cute! The punched border is gorgeous too.

Tags xx

Kim said...

Adorable, I love this image! Nice circle easel, I am not that adventurous yet hehe!
I am glad blogger did this to someone besides me, that is exactly what happened, it did not post then disappeared. At least now I know I am not crazy.....well maybe still a little crazy.

mixamatoasties said...

Cute card! I really really need to try doing something not square now, don't I?!

Susan xx

Tracey T said...

This is one of my favourite cards of yours, Wedgie. It's so pretty and the image really is a cutie! So glad you liked your card; the image is a Mo Manning digi and the sentiment is by Cat's Life Press. CLP stamps aren't so easy to get, but I think maybe the Ribbon Girl or Quixotic Paperie might stock them. They're not expensive and so, so useful! Have a lovely weekend, sweetie! Hugs, Tracey xx

Tracey T said...

Me again. Forget what I just said about Cat's Life Press stockists. Have just had a look and That's Crafty is your best bet. Here's the link http://www.thatscrafty.co.uk/acatalog/Catslife_Press.html

Hugs xx

Wishcraft said...

This is gorgeous Wedgie, such lovely colours! Hugs, Lisa x

Vicky said...

So gorgeous Wedgie...love the image and fabulous layout too hun :o)

hope you are having a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Unknown said...

Hi Wedgie, what a sweet card! Love the image and whole prettiness of it!

Sarah

Unknown said...

This is adorable, what a sweet image and love the soft colours you used xxxx

Unknown said...

Isnt she cute !! thank you for your kind comments on my blog. What a stunning card I love the colours and the main image is gorgeous great work well done
Hugs Elaine

Doreen said...

amazing card wedgie. The sentiment is fabbie ;)
Have a great day
Hugs
Doreen xx