My Design Teams

Tuesday 15 May 2012

In the Garden

Hello peeps...hope you've had a fab Tuesday!

I'm back again with another creation...this time with a garden theme, using one of my favourite new stamps....


I've used a basic blue background and topped that with two different design papers and a lovely piece of bright yellow ribbon. I have topped my bright and cheerful background with the green house image that I have coloured with my Promarkers. Finally I finished off the top right hand corner with some faux stitching.

Now I bet you're thinking...why has Wedgie used all this bright paper....these aren't patterns you'd normally find in the garden! Well, this is because I have been inspired by the fab photo challenge at Passion for Promarkers this week....take a peep at this photo....now when I saw this fab collection of ribbons I instantly thought of a rainbow - hence the bright, cheerful stripey paper! I also love nothing better than a garden full of bright flowers...so this paper seemed perfect.
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
Passion for Promarkers - photo inspiration - I went for a rainbow look and added a ribbon!
Crafty Ribbons - flowers - I have some in my green house and some on my blue backing paper
Hooked on Crafts - flowers

With all this talk of flowers I thought I'd also show you my latest addition to my flat....this is Larry the lemon plant! He already has several lemons growing and currently smells amazing with all the blossom!
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

10 comments:

pinky said...

So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons.
Pinky

Unknown said...

This is sweet rachel , and Larry the lemon plant looks a fab addition to your decor, I have just bought dad a peach tree it wasa toss up between that an the lemon one . Take care Hugs Elaine

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card, I like all the detail in the green house and the design, your lemon tree looks lovely.
Kevin xx

Wishcraft said...

Fab card Wedgie :o) Great stamp and love the bright papers. Hugs, Lisa x

joolsedesigns said...

Love the card and your new addition Larry the lemon plant

Joolse

Gro said...

Gorgeous card.
Thanks for joining us at PfP this week.

Hugs :o)

xxxtglxxx said...

Oooh, Lemon Plant - I like the sound of that! :)

Great card hun, love the glasshouse image!

hugs

xxalisonxx

Kim said...

Wonderful card and beautiful plant!

Donna said...

I love this card Rach, such a sweet image and perfect choice of papers, fab pic inspiration! Hope you are kepping well too hun :) Donna ♥ x

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rach, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x