My Design Teams

Friday 12 October 2012

Wonderful Day....

Hello there....Happy Friday! I hope you are keeping well!

Soooo....as you might know if you've popped by recently work has been so hectic and I've been feeling a bit poorly. So I decided to take today as an annual leave day.....and I have had such a fab day!

I've spent time (and money) in my favourite crafts shops, baked some really yummy cakes, made some cute chocolates, finally framed some pictures that I've had for ages, I watched a movie and made some cards! What an awesome and productive day so far!

Here are my latest cakes.....

 
These are adapted from a recipe that I found in this month's edition of Essentials magazine. They are a salted caramel cake with vanilla icing and a gorgeous caramel sauce. I am so pleased wiht how these how turned out!
 
These are my new pictures that are now framed, but need to be hung....
 
 
We found these when we were in Bournemouth in April!! I loved them as soon as I saw them and they'll look fab in my living room.
 
Soooo....on to my card for today....be warned....its a pink one.....
 
 
I've gone with a shabby chic feel for this card. I bought some recycled card blanks earlier today....I think they're going to make some fab Christmas cards! But I also thought they'd look quite good with some shabby chic on them!
 
The layout for this card comes from the fab sketch over at Sweet Sketch Wednesday...I've used my mug image instead of the last square...hope thats ok ladies!
 
 
 
I've gone with soft pinks and white and that gorgeous beige paper...its soooo pretty! I've punched the corners of my plain pink paper to give them a softer look, then I've torn the pink and white paper for a distressed feel. I've also used some pretty lace, a die cut butterfly and my gorgeous stamped cup image. The image has been coloured with my Promarkers - ivory and cinnamon.
 
I'd like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
Passion for Promarkers - shabby in pink
Simon Says Stamp - punches and/or dies
Sir Stampalot - punch away (my corners used a punch)
Top Tip Tuesday - things with wings (my little butterfly)
 
Pop by all these fab blogs to see the gorgeous DT cards that have been created for inspiration!
 
Finally I thought I'd leave you with this little photo....there was one cake that was a lot bigger than the rest.....and I couldn't resist...I just had to make a special cake just for me!! It really was yummy!
 
 
Thanks for popping by today...hope to see you again soon!
Wedgie xxx

22 comments:

Doreen said...

I am sorry you have not been so good but I dare say those cakes will perk you up.....Your card is gorgeous,love the image.xxx

pinky said...

You have been a busy lady, the cakes looks yummy. I love your shabby chic pink card too. Thanks for joining us at Passion For ProMarkers this week.
Hugs
Pinky

Vicky said...

Snap..! I have also had a few weeks of feeling not to good...and yep work is crazy hectic too..! It's so lovely to have a three day weekend sweetie..and your cakes, pictures and card are soooo gorgeous hun :o)

take care and big hugs Vicky xx

Lorraine said...

Wow you have had a productive day! Gorgeous card, love your pictures and well those cakes....Mmmmm! yummy!!
Lorraine x

Faye said...

Ooooh, I love that card, fabby image. X

mixamatoasties said...

Sorry you're not feeling at your best!

Those cakes look fantastic. You'll need to share the recipe.

I need cake. Now.

Susan xx

Tracey T said...

Love the look of the cakes, Wedgie and am suddenly feeling very hungry. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather - hope you're feeling much better soon. Hugs xx

Gorgeous card by the way!!

Heide said...

Oh my goodness I can almost taste you cakes...they look scrumpish!

Love the shabby chic feel of you cute card. Thanks for joining us at SSW.
You did have a very productive day, enjoy the rest of the weekend.
Hugs,
Heide SSW-DT

mulberry station said...

Boy would I like to take a bit out of one of those cakes. My mouth can taste it...You ahve really been busy. I love all your projects and especially love your card. I love how you cut out the cup. It is really cute! thanks for sharing all your goodies with us.
Hugs, Nancy

mulberry station said...

Boy would I like to take a bit out of one of those cakes. My mouth can taste it...You ahve really been busy. I love all your projects and especially love your card. I love how you cut out the cup. It is really cute! thanks for sharing all your goodies with us.
Hugs, Nancy

Anonymous said...

OMG!!! its 1.41am here and I am looking at that cake! ARGH! I must resist getting a snack!...... Ekkkk!

LOVE your card too! Great to see you at Top Tip Tuesday challenge this time, hugs Samantha :0)

Sarah J Moerman said...

Delicious goodies!! Such a sweet card! What a beautiful mug! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

brenda said...

I think we've got a deal Wedgie, I'll pull down the sofa bed, you bring the cake and once in this post look and sound yummy.

And your card is very fitting to go with those cakes and like soft pinks.

Many thanks for joining in our Punch Away theme at Stampalot challenge this month.

B x

Sally Dube said...

Wedgie... I wonder how long it would take me to cross the Atlantic to share a cup of coffee and one of your caramel cakes - oh my goodness they look so yummy!! I am on the East Coast of the US... hmmm... Also - love your card!! I am a huge coffee fan and love mugs!!! Beautiful!! Always enjoy visiting your Blog, even if it does leave me HUNGRY!!
So glad you joined us again at SSW - Blessings to you!!
Sally SSW-DT

Nat said...

I'm drooling as I write this! Fab 'shabby' card, thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers this week.
Natx

Kathie said...

Wow Wedgie, you have been so busy today you've made me tired just thinking about it. Your cakes look yummy, and your pictures look great and I just love your Vintage look card great work my friend you've been so productive well done. Thanks so much for sharing your card with us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday and good luck.

Hugs
Kathie SSW-DT

Jeannie said...

Sounds like an absolutely perfect day to me! Your creation this week is just lovely! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Peace & Luv,
Jeannie

melody said...

hope you're feeling better...it's always great to take a day 'just to ourselves'! and those cakes...oh...look so scrumptious!
great take on the sketch this week. love your card...and that yummy 'cup' and butterfly! awesome work chickie!

Joanna M. said...

Hmm, I've GOT to learn to make better use of my time ... when I take a day off I end up reading on the couch like a slug! You got soo much accomplished! And those cakes ... swoon! Thanks for joining us at SSW, Wedgie. Love visiting your blog.

Sharon Basel said...

Well I have to say that I am starving now for a taste of those yummy cakes Wedgie! Serves me right for blogging early am before breakfast. Now nothing in my house compares to those - guess I'll have to go get a doughnut or two! Love your wonderful card, especially with the image itself as the main panel. Great job with the shabby chic look too - terrific here. So glad you could join us this week at Sweet Sketch Wednesday-I love it when you play along!
Hugs,
Sharon :)

Linda Anderson said...

Okay, now my sweet tooth is talking to me..."I want cake." Looks yummy! Your card is wonderful Wedgie! Love the distressing and that coffee cup. Thanks for joining us at Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

Linda

Arlana 11426 said...

Oh such a sweet tea cup image!!! Love your colors. your cake looks so yummy!!! Hugs Arlana@SSW!!!