My Design Teams

Saturday 18 May 2013

Ho, ho, ho...whats that I hear??

Morning Crafters!

Happy Saturday! I hope you are all well and had a fab week! I went to see a musical production called That'll Be the Day last night with my sister. It was billed as a musical and comedy treat, featuring sounds from the 50s - 70s. It's been running for 27 years now and so I'm wondering if any of you have ever seen it??

Well, I have to say it was wonderful....amazing performers, great songs and the comedy had me crying! However, I wasn't prepared for how long it lasted....a full three hours and 15 minutes! I couldn't believe it! The tickets were only £21 so it was real value for money!

Anyway....today I'm also being a bit musical as Mum is meeting me in London to go and see Singin in the Rain. Its my Birthday pressie from mum and I can't wait!

So.....do you hear those bells? Maybe the faint rumble of a "ho, ho,ho"?? You must be able to hear it.....all us ladies at My Time to Craft can! Thats because this week's challenge is Christmas in May! So, dust off all those lovely Christmas stamps and embellishments and get crafting!

 
I decided to go quite contemporary with my design....opting for blues colours and cute stamped images. My tree has been paper pieced onto several pieces of plain coloured paper. My Rudolph has been stamped and coloured with my Promarkers. I've added some sparkle with my Stickles and a little doodling with a fine brown pen.
 
Pop by the My Time to Craft Challenge blog to see what the fab DT have created this week!
 
I'd also like to enter this card in the following challenges:
 
 
Pop by both these fab challenge blogs for some great inspiration from the DTs.
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

14 comments:

Tracey T said...

A fab Christmas card - love the paper-pieced tree! Have a great time with your mum! Tracey x

Chris said...

It's a lovely card, Wedgie! Love the colour scheme!
Saw 'That'll be the Day' a few years ago- thoroughly enjoyed it!
Chris
x

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous,love the image and fab papers.xxx

Lorraine said...

Gorgeous Christmas card Wedgie. Love the image and design.
Have a fab time with your Mum.
Lorraine x

An Occasional Genius said...

That'll be the day sounds wonderful & a serious bargain!! Hope SITR is just as much fun, are you near enough to get wet? We were when we went & I loved seeing how much the cast enjoyed a genuine reason to splash the audience lol!

Love your card, & especially your doodles lol! xx

Ann said...

Love Rudolph! Sweet card!

Sheila said...

Lovely card x

Pat said...

Lovely Christmas card Wedgie, cute reindeer image.

Pat xx

Faye Wynn-Jones said...

I love these papers with that image Wedgie, fab choices. X

Sandy said...

Cute Christmas card, love that swirly paper. Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Hugs,
Sandy DT

coops said...

gorgeous card wedgie.fab papers and design and I love your doodling and great image.
Thanks for joining us this week at PFP :D

xx coops xx

Shelly said...

Cute card Wedgie, just perfect for our doodling challenge, thanks for joining us at Passion for Promarkers xx

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Rach, what a gorgeous card. I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Great CAS layout and your doodling is fab. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card hun, cute image & I love your doodlings!

I saw it about 20 yrs ago I think it was amazing then, I'd love to go & see it again!
Hugs Shell xx