My Design Teams

Saturday 9 November 2013

Can you hear it? Christmas is coming!

Hello there!

Eekk! Guess what...Christmas is just around the corner! I love this time of year....and I don't mind that it seems to appear a little earlier each year! I know I drive Joe and my friends mad, but I can't help it! I'm just like a big kid!

I love everything about Christmas....the movies, the TV ads, the Christmas coffee at my favourite coffee shop, the endless opportunities to bake, spending time with my friends and family. It just gives me a lovely warm glow! I have already had my first Christmas coffee of the year and I have entered rather a lot of competitions to win Christmas hampers etc!

Therefore I was very pleased when I saw this week's challenge over at Sweet Stampin...you've guessed it...our theme is "Christmas is Coming!". So what are you waiting for...get your Christmas stamps and papers out and get crafting...if you need any inspiration I'd recommend putting the odd Christmas song on in the background!

I've opted for something not particularly traditional for this card....

 
It might not be that red or green...but its definielt me!
 
I've coloured my image with my Promarkers and then used a selection of freebie papers that I received with a magazine this week. The sentiment was created on my laptop and the little button stickers came from the magazine too.
 
For more inspiration pop by the Sweet Stampin challenge blog and see all the fab cards that Team Abi have created this week! While you're there you can read about our fab sponsors too.....
 

 
Right, I'm off to sample a mince pie I think....
 
Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

5 comments:

Tracey T said...

I love Christmas preparations, too, Wedgie! My cake, mincemeat and pudding are made and I've bought practically every Christmas food magazine on the shelf. I'm piling on the pounds just thinking about what we're going to be eating! The postie is super-busy too delivering my internet orders (no shops here)... Fabby card, by the way :) xxx

Lori Turner said...

Christmas prep is so fun!! I love to bake, craft and get the house all decorated up - but I wait until after Remembrance Day, then do it. Your card is so adorable - love that cute image and those DSP are perfect! WTG!

Doreen said...

Beautiful,lovely image and papers.xxx

Lorraine said...

A gorgeous christmas card, so cute.
Lorraine x

Unknown said...

Adorable creation, love the colour choice. Hugz