My Design Teams

Friday 18 April 2014

Happy Easter!

Hello there,

I hope you've had a good day and a great week!

No card from me this week, but I just wanted to share with you the wonderful Easter inspired afternoon tea that Lorna and I held for our friends this afternoon. As you might know we've been baking and hosting our own afternoon teas for a while now and love baking for our friends.

Easter afternoon tea

We stayed with tried and tested sandwich fillings like egg mayonnaise, roast chicken and cheese, using both white and brown bread. These were followed by Lorna's scrummy scones - topped with cream and homemade blackberry jam.



The sweet treats were made by myself, Lorna and our mum.

We had sheep meringues, chocolate and raspberry cakes, passion fruit and white chocolate tarts, lemon madeleines and chocolate and orange cakes with a chocolate glaze.

Easter sweet treats

I also made some little chocolate tarts with chocolate ganache, topped with little mini chocolate eggs. This is the second time that I have made this chocolate pastry, and I was pleased with how light and crisp it turned out - perfect with the chocolate ganache.......

Easter chocolate tarts
Next time I make these tarts (and I definitely will be making them again) I will add a layer of salted caramel under the chocolate.

Everything was washed down with rather a lot of tea - both black Ceylon tea and yellow tea. I also made a bottle of blackberry lemonade which was rather popular.

I'd like to enter my Easter chocolate tarts in The Pink Whisk Easter Make and Bake Competition, run inconjunction with Two Little Fleas.

If this afternoon tea has got you in the mood for more sweet treats pop by my afternoon tea blog Tea With Me and Friends!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

No comments: