My Design Teams

Tuesday 5 January 2016

A little elegance....

Hello there,

I hope you're having a tea-riffic day!

I have a little project for you today which features two of my favourite things....tea and teacups! I saw this project in a craft magazine and since it included a little bit of sewing as well as card making (my two favourite crafting activities) I thought I would give it a try....


The card is basically an elegant teacup and a little teabag......but here is the cool thing.....you can remove the teabag from the card and use it as a bookmark.....


The teacup is made of patterned papers and is fixed on the card using 3D sticky pads, which creates a little pocket. I've opted for an art deco backing paper for the teacup, which I think is perfect for an elegant teacup.

The teabag is then made out of acetate and little gold stars.....so cute! The tag is made out of card and string and is stitched into place as you sew up the teabag. Using my sewing machine to do this took no time at all, but creates a really cute little bookmark. It was great to be able to use both my card making skills and sewing skills on one project.

I have included my tea themed sentiment on the inside of the card and carried on the gold star theme....


I liked the design so much that I decided to make another one with a slightly more rustic feel....


I am going to enter this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Sentiments - anything goes
Lemon Shortbread - anything goes

Pop by all of these fab blogs to see some gorgeous DT cards!

If you fancy taking a peek at some more teacups and some scrummy cake why not pop by my afternoon tea blog.....


Thank you for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

10 comments:

Sammy said...

Love it! Great design, and I heartily approve of the subject matter. x

Chris said...

Wow Wedgie this is brilliant! Fabulous card design and I love the little teabag bookmarks.
Chris
x

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

This is so sweet! Love the tea bag shaker - genius!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

Deborah Frings said...

Oh I do like your little teabag of gold stars - very clever! Very elegant card too. Thanks so much for playing along with our Elegance theme at Cupcake Inspirations this week!

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tanja said...

love your little shaker tea bag - thanks for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations

cm said...

Oh my stars (both figuratively and literally *grin*)! Your tea cup cards, with the little tea bag shakers, are brilliant, innovative and incredibly pretty! Elegance, indeed! Thank you for sharing your artistry at Cupcake Inspirations!
~c

Anonymous said...

What a great design and such a clever idea too!Love that the teabag can be used as a bookmark.Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.Hope to see you again next week.
Lisa x

Indy's Designs said...

Oh what a delightful little tea bag! Love how you made both an elegant card and rustic one! Fun! So glad you were inspired by our Elegance Cupcake Inspirations Challenge and hope you will share more of your creative skills in future challenges!
Debbie, DT Sweetie

Unknown said...

What a fab card. Thank you for joining our challenge this time at Lemon Shortbread
x~KateE~x Lemon Shortbread DT