My Design Teams

Monday 11 April 2016

Creative April

Hello there,

I hope you're well today.

If you've popped by my blog before you'll know that I make cards and dabble in sewing.....and that I love to bake cakes.....to be honest I love dabbling in all kinds of crafts. I've tried jewelry making, candle making and both knitting and crochet previously. I love the challenge of taking raw materials and turning them into something new.....and have plenty of craft materials and books to prove this!

So, I decided to set myself a little challenge in April....I decided that I would try and make or bake something new every day of April. I would try and keep things spontaneous by not planning every craft out, but I would also try and learn some new skills along my way.

It's day 10 of creative April now and it's been a fun month so far - I've made some simple projects and tried some new techniques out too. From felt brooches and fabric flowers, to a fruit bowl made with Mod Podge and hole punch circles (or whatever they are called!) to a fab cat tent made with an old t-shirt, some cardboard and two coathangers!

Here are some of my makes so far.....

Day 1 - Zipper pouch

Day 2 - felt cat brooch

Day 4 - 20 minute skirt with elasticated waist

Day 9 - Cat tent! 

Day 10 - fruit bowl made of hole punch circles

I have twenty more days to go in April and I'm looking forward to trying more crafts and learning new techniques, as well as practising some old ones. I'll be posting more posts during the month, sharing my crafting adventures!

If anyone has any craft project suggestions I'd love to hear them - leave me a comment below!

Thanks for popping by today,
Wedgie xxx

2 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, I'm impressed, such lovely projects Wedgie, the skirt is gorgeous.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Wow Wedgie, you're on a roll babe! Love that skirt! They're all amazing and fabulous. Hugs, Wends x